Modular Clean Rooms
Modular Clean Rooms
Modular cleanrooms are most often used in manufacturing and research facilities, but, thanks to their versatility and ease of installation, they’re finding use in new industries every day. Any industry or application where small particles can adversely affect manufacturing, production, or packaging processes can benefit from the use of a modular clean room.
By definition, a cleanroom is a controlled environment with a low level of pollutants such as dust, airborne microbes, aerosol particles, and chemical vapors. To be exact, a clean room maintains a controlled level of contamination, which is specified by both particles per cubic foot and allowable particle size.
Modular cleanrooms are used in clean-critical processes in numerous markets, including:
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical processing
- Biotech and medical device manufacturing
- Military and aerospace
- Optical component manufacturing
- Automotive manufacturing
- Hospital clinics
- Food and beverage processing
- Cosmetics manufacturing
- and countless others
Many cleanrooms are permanent construction—that is, built into a building. But more and more cleanroom users seek a solution that provides more flexibility than a standard cleanroom.
Benefits of Modular Clean Rooms
- Perhaps the greatest benefit of modular cleanrooms is that they can be modified or even relocated with minimal expense and downtime. Many prefabricated modular cleanrooms are almost 100% reusable.
- In general, modular cleanrooms from are far less expensive than standard sheetrock construction, and can be installed in just a fraction of the time.
- Many prefabricated cleanrooms are factory-cut, with prewired UL-classified raceways that provide a flush interior surface for electrical outlets and phone/data wiring. These raceways can also be used as service chases to house deionized water, compressed air, or nitrogen lines. Built-in raceways eliminate the mess of cutting and sanding drywall on site, and minimize construction time and facility disruption.
- Many modular cleanrooms feature an insulated wall system that provides a thermal barrier and improves the efficiency and performance of the cleanroom’s mechanical system. This reduces energy costs and maintains temperature levels far better than non-insulated systems.
- Depending on the classification level or function of a cleanroom, entry and exit through anterooms and/or gowning rooms may be required. Many modular cleanrooms can be built with accommodations for these rooms to reduce contamination from external environments. Airlocks, air showers, and pass-through boxes can be integrated so that personnel, products, and materials can be safely brought into and out of the cleanroom space without the risk of contaminant infiltration.
Contact Cleanrooms by United for more information on the benefits of modular cleanrooms. Have questions? Call us today at 800-959-0878.
Cleanroom Systems Are Flexible and Affordable
Modular cleanroom systems are highly configurable because they are constructed of hard or soft panels with a hard ceiling. Soft panel cleanrooms have walls made from clear PVC and one small opening for entering and exiting the area. Hardwall cleanroom systems consist of prefabricated panels that join to create a square or rectangular room. This style of prefab clean room is fully enclosed and can be fitted with doors, windows, and transfer hatches, just like a permanent cleanroom.
Some of the advantages modular cleanroom systems provide over permanent clean rooms include:
- Versatility: A modular cleanrooms can be readily assembled, disassembled, and relocated, often in just a few days or less
- Easily reconfigurable: The layout of a modular cleanroom can be rearranged, expanded, retrofit, and/or upgraded as the user’s cleanroom needs change.
- Cost-effective & time saving: Modular cleanrooms are designed and manufactured offsite for just a fraction of the cost of permanent construction, and installed onsite in a fraction of the time.
- Reduced downtime: Modular cleanroom installation causes far less disruption to daily operations, allowing many users to keep some or all of their processes up and running throughout the set-up process.
- Leasing: If you lease your space, the modular option allows you to uninstall the clean room you need and take it with you if your operation changes locations.
- R.O.I.: Because it can be taken down, moved, and re-erected, a modular cleanroom is considered a piece of capital equipment, and can be treated as such for taxation purposes.
- Cleanliness: A modular cleanroom is the better option for cleanroom requirements above ISO 6 classification. The materials used in these systems do not shed like drywall or metal studs, reducing the level of contamination.
Cleanrooms for Many Industry Uses
A modular cleanroom is an easy way to achieve climate control and regulatory compliance. From semiconductors to medical devices, manufacturers and researchers in all markets can use modular cleanrooms to meet stringent cleanliness standards.
CMM Enclosures & CMM Rooms
CMM enclosures provide a controlled environment for part testing and fabrication. They feature viewing windows, temperature and humidity controls, and roll-up doors. We offer CMM enclosures with walls up to 22 feet high or taller.
Control machine-generated debris with a CNC enclosure. Create a custom, turnkey solution by adding as many viewing windows, roll-up access doors and removable wall sections and as you need. CNC Enclosure Systems are available complete with lighting, temperature control, and sprinklers.
Commercial Grow Rooms
As an industry-leading manufacturer of cGMP cleanroom environments, and with extensive knowledge of the requirements of pharmaceutical sterile and non-sterile compounding labs, Cleanrooms By United proudly offers modular indoor growing rooms for plant cultivation. Our versatile, customizable modular grow room solutions are ideal for a wide range of applications, from hybrid plant pollination to temperature- and humidity-controlled incubation environments.
Dry room labs from Cleanrooms By United are manufactured to stringent industry requirements, providing ISO certification standards that meet or exceed your project specifications. Dry room considerations include structural rigidity, electrical capacities, and mechanical systems.
E-liquid cleanroom systems are used for batching, filling, and packaging, and ensure a superior quality product by eliminating contamination. HEPA filtration and air conditioning provide a secure temperature-controlled environment for your E-liquid cleanroom.
Hardwall Modular Cleanrooms
Designed for flexibility, hardwall modular cleanrooms are easy to assemble and relocate. Modular clean rooms are cost-effective and great option when you need a cleanroom quickly or want the option to expand in the future. We outfit all modular cleanroom systems with windows, doors, flush mount electrical outlets, and full insulation for temperature control.
High Bay Cleanrooms
Machine Enclosures & Test Rooms
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory Cleanrooms
Powder Coating Enclosures
Softwall Cleanrooms & Curtain Dividers
Two Story Cleanrooms
Contact Us for Your Clean Room Design and Installation Today
Cleanrooms by United is a trusted modular cleanroom manufacturer offering a range of flexible solutions. We design and build our modular cleanroom systems in compliance with ISO 16444-1 to meet regulatory requirements. We also offer cleanroom installation services, give us a call at 800-959-0878 for additional assistance.
Learn how Cleanrooms By United has helped our clients solve their cleanroom needs by reading some of our Case Studies.