Cleanrooms are contained areas where special measures are taken to reduce airborne particulate contamination and control environmental factors such as temperature and humidity. Many cleanrooms are permanent construction—that is, built into a building. But more and more cleanroom users seek a solution that provides more flexibility than a standard cleanroom.
Modular Cleanroom Systems Are Flexible and Affordable
Modular cleanroom systems are highly configurable because they are constructed of hard or soft panels with a hard ceiling. Soft panel cleanrooms have walls made from clear PVC and one small opening for entering and exiting the area. Hard panel systems consist of prefabricated panels that join to create a square or rectangular room. This style of clean room is fully enclosed and can be fitted with doors, windows, and transfer hatches, just like a permanent cleanroom.
Some of the advantages modular cleanroom systems provide over permanent clean rooms include:
- Versatility: A modular cleanrooms can be readily assembled, disassembled, and relocated, often in just a few days or less
- Easily reconfigurable: The layout of a modular cleanroom can be rearranged, expanded, retrofit, and/or upgraded as the user’s cleanroom needs change.
- Cost-effective & time saving: Modular cleanrooms are designed and manufactured offsite for just a fraction of the cost of permanent construction, and installed onsite in a fraction of the time.
- Reduced downtime: Modular cleanroom installation causes far less disruption to daily operations, allowing many users to keep some or all of their processes up and running throughout the set-up process.
- Leasing: If you lease your space, the modular option allows you to uninstall the clean room you need and take it with you if your operation changes locations.
- R.O.I.: Because it can be taken down, moved, and re-erected, a modular cleanroom is considered a piece of capital equipment, and can be treated as such for taxation purposes.
- Cleanliness: A modular cleanroom is the better option for cleanroom requirements above ISO 6 classification. The materials used in these systems do not shed like drywall or metal studs, reducing the level of contamination.
A modular cleanroom is an easy way to achieve climate control and regulatory compliance. From semiconductors to medical devices, manufacturers and researchers in all markets can use modular cleanrooms to meet stringent cleanliness standards.
Designed for flexibility, hardwall modular cleanrooms are easy to assemble and relocate. Modular clean rooms are cost-effective and great option when you need a cleanroom quickly or want the option to expand in the future. We outfit all modular cleanroom systems with windows, doors, flush mount electrical outlets, and full insulation for temperature control.
Softwall cleanrooms work well in an existing controlled environment where increased airflow or spot clean areas may be needed. Available with casters, softwall cleanroom can be easily moved around your facility for use in multiple areas. We fit our softwall modular cleanrooms with HEPA filters and air conditioning, available to ISO Level 5. Curtain dividers can be used in place of doors or to subdivide your cleanroom space, or to assist in directing airflow to more stringent areas.
CMM enclosures provide a controlled environment for part testing and fabrication. They feature viewing windows, temperature and humidity controls, and roll-up doors. We offer CMM enclosures with walls up to 22 feet high or taller.
Machine enclosures can help reduce product rejection rates while controlling noise. Our modular cleanrooms are a cost-effective option and are easy to install. We offer fast and efficient installation and most facilities experience little to no downtime while our factory crew installs the machine enclosure.
Cleanrooms by United can build batch mixing areas, blending labs, gowning rooms, and other solutions for pharmaceutical research laboratories. These modular cleanrooms are available at any ISO level you need for your research.
High bay cleanrooms perform the same function as hardwall cleanrooms but on a much larger scale by providing higher ceiling heights. Organizations like NASA rely on high bay cleanrooms to create an extremely large and exceptionally clean environment.
Powder coating enclosures function as a buffer in dirty environments and prevent airborne impurities from contaminating the bonding process. These enclosures can be fitted with high-speed roll-up doors, wall conveyor openings, and temperature control.
Control machine-generated debris with a CNC enclosure. Create a custom, turnkey solution by adding as many viewing windows, roll-up access doors and removable wall sections and as you need. Systems are available complete with lighting, temperature control, and sprinklers.
E-liquid cleanroom systems are used for batching, filling, and packaging, and ensure a superior quality product by eliminating contamination. HEPA filtration and air conditioning provide a secure temperature-controlled environment.
Contact Us for Modular Cleanroom Systems
Cleanrooms by United is a trusted modular cleanroom manufacturer offering a range of flexible solutions. We design and build our modular cleanroom systems in compliance with ISO 16444-1 to meet regulatory requirements.
Contact us to discuss your cleanroom needs or to request a quote for your specific project.